Missing ex-Chinese Foreign Minister Qin Gang dead: Report
China's former Foreign Minister, Qin Gang, who was dismissed from his role in July, is reported to have died, with speculation suggesting suicide or torture.
Qin garnered international attention when he mysteriously disappeared, sparking speculation about the potential involvement of the Chinese government. The leader had become embroiled in a scandal, adding intrigue to his sudden absence.
According to sources familiar with high-ranking Chinese officials, Qin's death allegedly occurred in late July at a military hospital in Beijing known for treating the country's top leaders, Politico reported.
The Wall Street Journal had reported that Qin was involved in an extramarital affair during his tenure as ambassador to the United States.
The report also indicated that Qin was cooperating with an investigation focused on whether his conduct or the affair had compromised China's national security.
Qin, 57, who was a career diplomat and trusted aide of Chinese leader Xi Jinping, was appointed as the Foreign Minister of the country in December.
He was removed from office on July 25 in a sudden move approved by the top decision-making body of China’s rubber-stamp parliament. It came as the mystery swirled around the fate of Qin, who had not been seen in public for a month.
Senior Chinese officials were informed that an internal Communist Party inquiry found Qin had been involved in the affair throughout his time as China's ambassador to the United States, leading to the birth of a child in the U.S.
In July, Qin was replaced by seasoned diplomat Wang Yi as the foreign minister, following a mysterious one-month absence from his duties just six months into the job.
Qin had served as China's top envoy in Washington from July 2021 until January of the same year.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.
Latest News

Cooperative Minister inaugurates Longtharai’s Jolaibari retailers meet

Saving the Gentle Giant: How India’s Fishers Are Leading a Whale Shark Revival

Cyclone Ditwah affects Tamil Nadu: Flights cancelled, schools shut

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka

