Nine soldiers killed, five injured in suicide attack in NW Pakistan
Islamabad/UNI: Nine Pakistani soldiers were killed and five others injured in a suicide attack in the country's northwestern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) province, an army statement said.
The Army's media wing Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said in a statement on Thursday night that a motorcycle-borne suicide bomber exploded himself near a military convoy in the Jani Khel area of Bannu district of the province.
The area has been cordoned off by security forces and an operation is being carried out to eliminate any terrorists found in the area, the statement added.
The Pakistani army said that the security forces are determined to eliminate the menace of terrorism and such sacrifices of soldiers would further strengthen the resolve.
Earlier last week, six soldiers and four terrorists were killed in a clash in South Waziristan district of KP province, according to the military.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

