Pakistan: Balochistan government suspends 44 employees for backing Turbat sit-in
The Balochistan government in Pakistan has suspended 44 government employees in Turbat and Kohlu for participating in and facilitating a protest sit-in and rally against the alleged killing of Balaach Mola Bakhsh.
According to reports, the suspended people included officers.
An official notification issued by the commissioner of Makran division confirmed the action against 30 government employees from various departments in Turbat, reported Dawn News.
Officials told the newspaper that the decision was made during a recent meeting of the district intelligence coordination committee, where these officials were identified as providing support to the participants of the anti-government sit-in and protest rally.
According to the notification, based on the meeting’s recommendation, the commissioner has suspended 30 employees from grades 1 to 15, and disciplinary action against officials of grade 16 and above was initiated through letters to the secretaries of concerned departments, the Pakistani newspaper reported.
Meanwhile, 14 government employees in the Kohlu district were suspended for participating in the sit-in and supporting the long march participants when it reached Kohlu last month.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

