Pakistan: BYC threaten to protest in front of UN office over issue of ' as seven-day ultimatum given to government ends
Baloch Yekjehti Committee (BYC) has announced it will start protesting in front of the United Nations (UN) offices to press their demand for the recovery of missing persons after their seven-day ultimatum given to the Pakistan government ended on Wednesday.
She also expressed gratitude to the judiciary for restraining the Islamabad police and capital administration from taking any action against their protest camp outside the National Press Club.
Talking to Dawn, Dr Mahrang Baloch criticised the Islamabad police for profiling the participants as well as visitors to their camp.
“Nobody has sought security from the police, but their large presence is only to intimidate the participants of the protest camp,” she said, adding that, “they cannot scare us now after the directives of the courts”.
Pakistan's Caretaker Prime Minister Anwaarul Haq Kakar, who appeared to be visibly irked, on Monday said those supporting Baloch protest should join the 'Baloch militants'.
“Advocates of terrorists in Balochistan should go and join them if they are convinced on the veracity of their issue and fight the state along with them, so that we know where they stand and how to deal with them,” he was quoted as saying by Dawn News during a press conference, alluding to rights activists and journalists standing with the Baloch marchers.
Pakistan police allegedly used tear gas and water cannons to disperse protesters in Islamabad last month.
The protesters demonstrated against alleged enforced disappearances of men in Balochistan province.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

