Pakistan: Protest over Turbat 'killing' enters sixth day
A comprehensive shutter down and wheel jam strike was observed in Pakistan's Makran division on Tuesday to protest against the alleged extrajudicial killing of Balaach Mola Bakhsh during an operation in Turbat.
The protest has now entered sixth day.
The call for the shutdown and wheel jam strike was issued by the Baloch Yakjehti Council (BYC) in response to the incident, reported Dawn News.
Bakhsh’s family, along with his coffin, had been staging a sit-in protest in Turbat for the past six days in the region.
Hundreds of political workers and human rights activists are supporting the protesters.
Traders and the business community also expressed their solidarity by shutting down their establishments.
The impact of the strike was widespread, with all bazaars, shops, markets, shopping centers, and even private banks and other institutions remaining closed in Gwadar, Turbat, Panjgur, Pasni, Ormara, and other areas, reported Dawn News.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.
Latest News

Cooperative Minister inaugurates Longtharai’s Jolaibari retailers meet

Saving the Gentle Giant: How India’s Fishers Are Leading a Whale Shark Revival

Cyclone Ditwah affects Tamil Nadu: Flights cancelled, schools shut

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka

