Pope Francis discharged from hospital after surgery
Vatican City: Pope Francis, who underwent abdominal surgery last week, returned to the Vatican on Friday from the Gemelli Hospital in Rome.
On June 7, the Vatican press office said that Pope Francis had undergone a laparotomy — an incision in the abdomen — and plastic surgery of the abdominal wall with prostheses, and that the three-hour operation had been completed without complications.
The Holy See said that all audiences with Francis had been canceled until June 18.
A white Fiat carrying the pontiff entered the city-state at 10:04 local time (08:04 GMT). The moment Pope Francis returned to the Vatican was broadcast by Italian broadcaster RaiNews24.
The pontiff left the hospital at around 09:00 a.m. local time. In response to reporters’ questions about his health, he joked that he was "still alive."
On his way to the Vatican, the pontiff stopped at the Basilica Papale di Santa Maria Maggiore to pray at the icon of Salus Populi Romani.
Before entering the Vatican grounds, Pope Francis got out of his car to greet the law enforcement officers who accompanied him on his way from the hospital.
The Holy See said that on Sunday the traditional reading of the Angelus prayer will take place, which the Pope will accompany with a sermon from the window of the Apostolic Palace. In addition, all papal audiences have been confirmed, with the exception of the general audience on June 21.
(With UNI inputs)
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

