Russia to drop case against Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin after peace deal brokered by Belarus
Moscow: Yevgeny Prigozhin, the leader of the Wagner private military group, who led an armed mutiny against the military leadership in Moscow, would depart for Belarus, and the criminal case against him would be dismissed.
"Avoiding bloodshed, internal confrontation, and clashes with unpredictable results was the highest goal," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters, AFP reported.
Under the deal mediated by Belarusian President Aleksander Lukashenko, Wagner fighters will not be prosecuted and allowed to leave, Peskov added.
"We have always respected their heroic deeds at the front."
Earlier in the day, the Belarusian presidential office said that PMC Wagner head, Yevgeny Prigozhin, had accepted Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko's proposal to stop the movement of Wagner troops in Russia and take further steps to de-escalate the situation, Sputnik reported.
Prigozhin later confirmed the information, saying that Wagner troops were returning back to their field camps.
On Saturday, tensions escalated between Yevgeny Prigozhin, the head of Wagner, and Russia's military leadership.
Wagner mercenaries seized a crucial army headquarters in southern Russia and moved towards the capital, posing a potential threat.
Kremlin spokesperson Peskov stated that the rebellion led by Wagner would not affect Russia's ongoing campaign against Kyiv and emphasized that such a notion was not being considered.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

