Saudi Arabia may put peace deal with Israel on back-burner amid Israel-Palestine conflict: Report
Riyadh: Amid the Israel-Hamas conflict, Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudia Arabia took his first phone call from Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi, Reuters reported.
Until October 7, when Iran-backed Hamas launched a massive surprise attack on Israel, leaders from both Israel and Saudi Arabia had been asserting that they were steadily progressing towards an agreement that could have brought about major changes in the Middle East.
Saudi Arabia, known as the birthplace of Islam and housing its two most sacred sites, had previously indicated that it would not let its pursuit of a US defence pact be derailed, even if Israel didn't offer substantial concessions to the Palestinians in their quest for statehood, as per earlier sources, said the Reuters report.
However, an approach that marginalized the Palestinians could risk upsetting Arabs across the region. This concern arose as Arab media outlets broadcasted images of Palestinians who lost their lives in Israeli retaliatory airstrikes, according to the report.
In the attack on October 7, Hamas operatives killed over 1,300 Israelis.
As of Friday, more than 1,500 individuals had been killed in Israel's ongoing strikes on Gaza in response.
According to the first source familiar with Riyadh's stance, discussions cannot presently proceed, and when talks resume, the issue of Israeli concessions for the Palestinians will need to hold greater prominence. This statement implies that Riyadh has not abandoned the concept.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

Suspected child lifter from Bihar severely assaulted by mob in Teliamura

He doesn’t fight evil, he destroys it! Nandamuri Balakrishna's Akhanda 2 teaser unleashes divine fury

Can’t miss horror! Dies Irae starring Pranav Mohanlal hits Jio Hotstar December 5

