Security forces kill five terrorists during intelligence-based operation in Pakistan
At least five terrorists were killed during an intelligence-based operation by security forces in the Mir Ali area of Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province on Saturday.
The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said the forces conducted an operation in the Mir Ali area on the reported presence of terrorists, reported Dawn News.
“An intense exchange of fire took place during the operation and five terrorists, including their commander, Rahzaib Khuray, were sent to hell,” the statement was quoted as saying by the newspaper.
It said the slain terrorists remained actively involved in numerous terrorist activities against security forces as well as extortion and targeted killings of civilians.
According to reports, weapons were recovered during the operation.
Pakistan is witnessing a spike in terror activities in recent times.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan experienced a major uptick in terror activities ever since banned terror group Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan ended its ceasefire with the government last year.\
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

