Suspect wanted in killing 8 people in three different locations in Joliet dies due to self-inflicted gunshot in Texas
A gunman suspected to have killed eight people in three different locations over the past two days in the US city of Joliet was found dead1,200 miles away Monday (January 22, 2024) night.
The suspect was identified as 23-year-old Romeo Nance.
He died reportedly due to a self-inflicted gunshot in Texas.
Police recovered the bodies of seven of the victims in two nearby houses on Monday (January 22, 2024) while the other was found earlier on Sunday (January 21, 2024)
Investigators told Sky News that they did not know of a motive for the killings, but said the man knew the victims.
The police earlier posted on X: " ACTIVE INCIDENT (UPDATED) JANUARY 22, 2024 3:00 PM At this moment, Detectives and Officers are conducting an active homicide investigation after Officers located multiple deceased individuals who had sustained gunshot wounds in two homes in the 2200 block of West Acres Road."
Joliet Police Chief William Evans told Sky News: "I've been a policeman 29 years and this is probably the worst crime scene I've ever been associated with."
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

