The National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority (NCEMA) said in a statement on X that residents should remain alert and follow instructions issued through official channels.

"UAE air defence systems detected a missile threat targeting the country. Please remain in a safe location and follow warnings and updates issued through official channels," the authority said.

Interior Ministry issues separate alert

The UAE Interior Ministry also issued a warning, citing the "current situation" and "potential missile threats".

Residents were advised to move to the nearest secure building and remain in a safe place until further instructions.

The alerts come amid heightened tensions in the Middle East, a day after a Memorandum of Understanding between Iran and the United States, aimed at ending the fighting in the region, expired on Monday.

Last missile warning came in May

The latest alert marks the first such warning in the UAE in several months.

The country's previous missile warning was issued in May.

In June, residents received a false missile-threat alert after a technical malfunction in the national early warning system mistakenly triggered emergency notifications on their phones.

Authorities subsequently clarified that the June alert had been caused by a technical issue.

The latest warning, however, was issued after the UAE's air defence systems detected what authorities described as a potential missile threat, prompting officials to urge residents to take precautionary measures and rely only on official updates.