Ukraine claims to have hit Russian landing ship in Black Sea
Kiev/UNI: Ukrainian forces hit the Russian landing ship Caesar Kunikov in the Black Sea off the coast of Crimea, the General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces has said.
The vessel was hit by "the Armed Forces of Ukraine, together with units of the Main Intelligence Directorate," near the town of Alupka, it said Wednesday on Telegram, without giving further details.
Separately, the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry said the ship sustained critical holes on the left side as it was attacked by "MAGURA V5" combat sea drones.
The Ukrayinska Pravda media outlet, citing its sources, said the vessel has sunk following the attack.
The Russian side has not confirmed the attack.
Caesar Kunikov is designed for beach landing and can carry up to 500 tons of cargo. It is equipped with AK-725 autocannons and Grad-M rocket launchers, among other weapons.
Earlier this month, the Ukrainian military said it has damaged 25 Russian vessels, or some 33 percent of Russia's Black Sea Fleet, since February 2022.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

