Unidentified gunmen kill nine Pakistani labourers in Iran amid recent border tension
Unidentified attackers gunned down nine Pakistani workers in Iran’s Sistan-Baluchestan province on Saturday.
The incident occurred close to the Iran-Pakistan border.
Informed sources told Mehr News Agency that the incident occurred early Saturday as gunmen attacked a house in the Sirkan city.
No group has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.
Pakistan Foreign Minister Jalil Abbas Jilani condemned the incident posted on X: "Saddened over the death of Pakistanis in Iran in a terrorist attack.This heinous attack is an attempt to spoil relations between Pakistan and Iran by our common enemies. While offering condolences to the families of victims, urge the Iranian govt for action."
Iran responds
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Nasser Kanaani has strongly condemned the Saturday morning armed attack on a suburb of the city of Saravan that according to initial reports regrettably killed 9 Pakistani citizens and critically wounded 3 others.
Kanaani extended his sympathies to the Pakistani government and the families of the victims.
The Foreign Ministry spokesman further noted that the responsible bodies have launched an investigation into the attack.
Iran-Pakistan border tension
Iran and Pakistan carried out a tit-for-tit strike last week on militants on each other’s soil.
The episode hiked tension between the two nations.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

