US: 69-year-old Jewish man dies after altercation with Palestine supporters in California
A Jewish man has died after he was injured when he fell and hit his head during an altercation with Palestinian supporters in US city of California recently.
The deceased person was identified as 69-year-old Paul Kessler.
The Ventura County Sheriff’s Office said in a Facebook post: "On November 5, 2023, at approximately 3:20 PM, multiple citizens called the Ventura County Sheriff’s Communication Center to report a battery had occurred at the intersection of Westlake Boulevard and Thousand Oaks Boulevard in the City of Thousand Oaks. The intersection was the location of a Pro-Israeli / Pro-Palestinian demonstration."
"Upon arrival, responding deputies located Kessler, who was suffering from a head injury. Witness accounts indicated that Kessler was involved in a physical altercation with counter-protestor(s). During the altercation, Kessler fell backwards and struck his head on the ground. Kessler was transported to an area hospital for advanced medical treatment. On November 6, 2023, Kessler succumbed to his injuries," read the statement.
The Ventura County Sheriff’s Office further said an autopsy was performed on November 6th and the Ventura County Medical Examiner’s Office determined the cause of death to be blunt force head injury and the manner of death homicide.
"This is an active and ongoing investigation, and the incident appears to be isolated and not part of a large effort," read the statement.
🚨 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆:
— Oli London (@OliLondonTV) November 7, 2023
Pro-Palestinian Activist KILLS elderly Jewish man in Los Angeles.
LAPD have confirmed Paul Kessler has died from a critical head injury after being assaulted by a Palestinian activist who hit him over the head with a megaphone.
According to a witness, a… pic.twitter.com/JUzRW0RBBs
So far, no arrest has been made.
Reacting to the incident, Rabbi Michael Barclay, who leads Temple Ner Simcha, posted on X: " Law enforcement has identified a suspect who was in an altercation with Paul Kessler immediately prior to his death. They are attempting to identify exactly what happened, as there is no video yet of the altercation. Witnesses range from it was verbal to him hitting Paul."
Law enforcement has identified a suspect who was in an altercation with Paul Kessler immediately prior to his death. They are attempting to identify exactly what happened, as there is no video yet of the altercation. Witnesses range from it was verbal to him hitting Paul
— Rabbi Michael Barclay (@Rabbi_Barclay) November 7, 2023
Ventura County Supervisor Jeff Gorell, whose district covers the location where the incident took place, said he as heartbroken by the incident.
"I’m heartbroken to hear of the tragic death of an elderly man today after having been struck at a protest in my district. My prayers are with this man's family and friends. Our whole community grieves at this senseless loss of life. I call for peace in our community," he said.
(2/2) I immediately reached out to local leaders at the Islamic Center of Conejo Valley & to our local Rabbis. I called for peace in our community. Hate and violence are never the answer. We must have faith in the process. There is an investigation. It will be fair and thorough
— Ventura County Supervisor Jeff Gorell (@vcd2sup) November 7, 2023
He said the investigation into the incident will be fair and thorough.
"I immediately reached out to local leaders at the Islamic Center of Conejo Valley & to our local Rabbis. I called for peace in our community. Hate and violence are never the answer. We must have faith in the process. There is an investigation. It will be fair and thorough," he wrote on X.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.
Latest News

Blockbuster opening! Tere Ishk Mein storms box office despite harsh critic reviews

Massive U-turn! Mamata Banerjee finally bows to Centre’s Waqf law after months of fierce resistance

Delhi Police serves notice to private hospitals for doctors who studied in Pakistan, Bangladesh, UAE, China

'My name is Sophie': Meet saree-clad AI teacher developed by 17-year-old UP student

