US plans visa ban on extremist Israeli settlers in West Bank: Reports
Washington/IBNS/UNI: US Secretary of State Antony Blinken conveyed to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that the White House plans to impose visa bans within a matter of weeks on Israeli settlers involved in extremist violence in the West Bank, The Washington Post reported on Friday, citing a senior State Department official.
Blinken made the remarks in a closed-door meeting with Netanyahu in Jerusalem, the report added. He also encouraged Israel to take legal action against all lawbreakers, including Israelis who are also US citizens.
The ban would prevent extremist settlers from traveling to the US, although those who are dual US-Israeli citizens would not be affected.
According to the UN, which began tracking fatalities in 2005, the year 2023 was already on track to be the deadliest for Palestinians in the West Bank, with 248 killed by Israeli forces and settlers before October 7.
Since then, the violence has only skyrocketed, with the same number of Palestinians killed.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.
Latest News

Cooperative Minister inaugurates Longtharai’s Jolaibari retailers meet

Saving the Gentle Giant: How India’s Fishers Are Leading a Whale Shark Revival

Cyclone Ditwah affects Tamil Nadu: Flights cancelled, schools shut

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka

