US strike on Hillah headquarters leaves 20 Iraqi militia fighters injured
About 20 fighters of the Iraqi Kataib Hezbollah militia forces have been injured in a US airstrike on their headquarters in the city of Hillah in the central part of the Iraqi region of Babylon, news agency Shafaq News reported on Tuesday.
"A camp of Harakat al-Nujaba, one of Shiite groups, was bombed from the air, after which the Pentagon reported strikes on three Kataib Hezbollah facilities in Iraq.
According to initial reports, about 20 fighters were injured," the Iraqi news agency quoted an anonymous source as saying.
The strikes have been presumably carried out from a drone, the source said, adding that three explosions were heard and followed by heavy artillery fire, as cited by the news agency.
Earlier in the day, the Pentagon said that the US had carried out strikes against three targets of Kataib Hezbollah and associated groups in Iraq in response to a drone attack on Erbil Air Base in northern Iraq, which left three US service members wounded.
The US Central Command said on X that the airstrikes reached their targets and destroyed facilities used by "Iranian sponsored Kataib Hezbollah terrorists and affiliated groups."
(With UNI inputs)
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

