With helicopter on standby, Israel all prepared to receive Gaza hostages as part of 4-day truce deal
New Delhi/IBNS: With just a few hours left in the release of 13 hostages held by Hamas in Gaza as part of a four-day truce deal, Israel said it is completely prepared to receive them.
Hostages will be provided medical treatment before they are handed over to their families, the Israel Defence Forces (IDF) said.
Ahead of the hostage release, Israel's air force posted a video montage of toys, throw-rugs, and personal hygiene kits kept at places which will receive the hostages flown in by helicopter.
The video showed their preparations comprising towels, sanitary pads, hot food, beverages, baby wipes, toys for children, a large area to seat the hostages, and a helicopter on standby.
We have completed preparations to receive the released hostages upon their return to Israel from Gaza.
— Israel Defense Forces (@IDF) November 24, 2023
In coordination with government ministries and security authorities, we have prepared to quickly receive the released hostages and give them all the necessary support.
We… pic.twitter.com/ndbKEdGD1d
"We have completed preparations to receive the released hostages upon their return to Israel from Gaza. In coordination with government ministries and security authorities, we have prepared to quickly receive the released hostages and give them all the necessary support," the IDF said in its post on X.
"We have readied several locations dedicated to their initial reception, which include the necessary medical provisions. After the initial reception and medical treatment, they will continue to hospitals where they'll be reunited with their families," it added.
The truce between Israel and Hamas members appears to be taking effect after more than a month-long conflict which has left at least 14,500 people dead, as claimed by Palestinians.
The ceasefire is expected to remain effective for four days.
The temporary ceasefire agreement also includes the release of 50 women and children, some of the around 240 people taken hostage by Hamas during their attacks on 7 October, reports BBC.
The first group of 13 hostages are expected to be released in some time.
The pause is expected to give relief to 2.2 million Palestinians in the Gaza strip.
Hamas is due to deliver the group to neighbouring Egypt in return for 39 Palestinians in Israeli jails as part of a temporary ceasefire in Gaza today.
According to an Israeli official, military choppers will repatriate the hostages, reportedly from an Egyptian airport near Gaza, the report said.
Israel is eagerly awaiting the release of women and children taken hostage by Hamas during the deadliest attack in the country's history last month on Sabbath.
About 240 hostages were taken when Hamas operatives broke through from the Gaza Strip's militarised border with Israel on October 7 and killed about 1,200 people, according to Israeli officials.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.
Latest News

WHO sounds alarm: Infertility now strikes 1 in 6 people worldwide!

Cooperative Minister inaugurates Longtharai’s Jolaibari retailers meet

Saving the Gentle Giant: How India’s Fishers Are Leading a Whale Shark Revival

Cyclone Ditwah affects Tamil Nadu: Flights cancelled, schools shut

