Yemen's Houthi leader vows to escalate attacks if Gaza conflict continues
Sanaa: Leader of Yemen's Houthi group, Abdul Malik al-Houthi, on Tuesday vowed to escalate attacks in the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden if the conflict in Gaza continues.
"I warn them (the United States, Britain and Israel) that they must stop their aggression against Gaza and stop their siege, otherwise we will seek to escalate more and more attacks," al-Houthi said in a televised speech aired by his group's TV channel al-Masirah.
He made the speech to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the killing of his elder brother, Hussein Badreddin al-Houthi, the founder of the armed group who was killed during clashes with the Yemeni government army in 2004 in the Houthi stronghold of northern Saada province.
Earlier in the day, the group claimed responsibility for launching attacks on a U.S. Navy ship and a British commercial vessel in the Red Sea. "We will launch more," al-Houthi said, noting that his armed group has already disrupted the international shipping.
The U.S. Navy said on social media platform X that they intercepted the Houthi attack, while the British commercial vessel reported to the UK Maritime Trade Operations agency that a missile passed past its deck and caused slight damage to the vessel's bridge windows, while the vessel continued sailing.
The Houthis have escalated their attacks in the Red Sea since mid-November last year. In response, the U.S.-British maritime coalition launched dozens of airstrikes targeting Houthi sites in several Yemeni provinces.
The Houthi top officials said the U.S.-British airstrikes had no impact on the group's military capabilities and would not deter them from launching further attacks on the Red Sea shipping line.
(With UNI/XINHUA inputs)
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.

Gunfire near White House: Two National Guard soldiers shot as Afghan national suspect arrested
Two National Guard soldiers were critically injured on Wednesday after they were shot by a gunman, identified as an Afghan national, less than two blocks from the White House, authorities said.

Horror in Hong Kong: Death toll hits 44 as massive blaze continues, hundreds missing
The death toll from a massive fire that swept through residential apartments in Hong Kong’s Tai Po district has climbed to 44, with around 270 people still unaccounted for, authorities said on Thursday.
Latest News

Tripura aims to become national tourism hub; 4th 'Unity Promo Fest 2025' opens

Delhi air pollution worsenses, AQI deteriorates to 384; several NCR pockets in 'severe' category

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock

