Death toll of Sunday's blast in NorthWest Pakistan rises to 44
Islamabad/UNI: The death toll of a suicide blast that hit a political gathering in the Bajaur district of Pakistan's northwest Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province on Sunday rose to 44, the health minister of the province said on Monday.
Riaz Anwar told local media that the death toll increased after nine injured people succumbed to injuries overnight during treatment in different hospitals.
The minister said more than 200 people sustained injuries in the bomb blast and over 100 of them are still under treatment in hospitals.
Anwar feared that the death toll might further rise as at least 10 of the wounded are in critical condition, adding that all the critical patients had been airlifted to the provincial capital of Peshawar.
Police said the attack took place when a suicide bomber exploded his jacket at the political workers' convention of the Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) near Shanday Mor area on the Munda Khar road of the district.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

