Mediterranean wildfires leave 40 people dead
Over 40 people have died so far in Algeria, Italy and Greece and thousands of others were evacuated as Mediterranean wildfires continued to pose a threat for villages and holiday resorts in the region.
The entire island of Rhodes has been put into a state of emergency, as fires also rage on Corfu and Evia, reports BBC.
With heatwaves not showing any signs of improvement, temperatures are expected to rise above 44C (111F) in several parts of Greece.
Thousands of people have escaped fires in Sicily and Puglia.
High winds and tinder-dry vegetation are disrupting the process of firefighting carried out by firefighters.
Meanwhile, two charred bodies were found near Palermo who are supposed to be victims of the wildfire.
The bodies were found in a rundown shack in Cinisi not far from the airport, reports ANSA.
The identities of the people are still not known.
The two were approximately 77 and 75 years old, medical examiners told the news agency.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

