Tehran explosion kills 1, injures 19
Tehran/UNI: At least one person was killed and 19 others injured on Monday after an explosion shook and dismantled a three-storey residential building in Iran's capital Tehran, the Iranian Students' News Agency (ISNA) reported.
The explosion, which occurred on Monday morning in District 20 of Tehran due to gas leakage, also severely damaged several dilapidated buildings and cars, ISNA quoted Ali Nasiri, the president of Tehran Disaster Mitigation and Management Organization, as saying.
The victim was identified as a 75-year-old woman, Nasiri said, adding all the rescued from the rubble had been handed over to medical emergency staff.
Three people are in a critical condition, ISNA reported, citing Mohammad Esmaeil Tavakoli, head of Tehran's medical emergency organization.
In remarks to ISNA, Tehran Fire Department Chief Qodratollah Mohammadi said firefighters from five stations have rushed to the scene and 12 people have been rescued.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

