Twitter new 'X' logo taken down from San Francisco headquarters after complaints
Washington: The giant, flashing "X" sign of Elon Musk's rebranded company, formerly known as Twitter, has to be taken down from atop its headquarters building in San Francisco after city officials said the sign was installed without a permit and posed safety threats, media reports said.
The San Francisco Department of Building Inspection received 24 complaints about the sign, including concerns regarding structural safety, the report said on Monday.
According to a city complaint filed on July 28, a company representative declined to provide inspectors access claiming the structure is a "temporary" lighted sign for an event. A second attempt to gain access was made the following day, but access was denied again by the tenant, the document said.
Last Monday, the city said Twitter removed the original sign without proper permits or taping off the sidewalk as part of pedestrian safety measures.
"The property owner will be assessed fees for the unpermitted installation of the illuminated structure," Patrick Hannan, a spokesperson for the San Francisco Department of Building Inspection, told CNBC. "The fees will be for building permits for the installation and removal of the structure, and to cover the cost of the Department of Building Inspection and the Planning Department’s investigation."
Last week, owner Elon Musk changed the name and logo of Twitter to "X." In a tweet on Friday, Musk vowed never to leave the city despite its "doom spiral, with one company after another left or leaving."
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

