British Broadcasting Corporation suspends presenter over sexual misconduct allegation
The British Broadcasting Corporation has suspended one of its male presenters over the allegation that he had for several years paid a teenager for explicit content and will meet with the police on Monday in order to establish more facts, BBC News said.
This past Friday, UK tabloid newspaper The Sun reported that its editorial office had been contacted by a mother whose child received money from a prominent BBC host for sending explicit photos.
The communication between the teenager and the TV presenter reportedly started in 2020, when the former was 17 years old.
The teenager, who according to reports is a girl, became a drug-addict after obtaining big amounts of money.
The total payment she allegedly received from the BBC presenter was 35,000 pounds sterling ($44,900).
The BBC said that the corporation became aware of the complaint in May and that it was planning to hold discussions with the Metropolitan Police on Monday to address the issue and "to establish the facts in order to properly inform appropriate next steps."
In the meantime, the unnamed presenter has been suspended since Sunday, the broadcaster said.
Additionally, BBC Director General Tim Davie said that the allegation had been taken "incredibly seriously" and described the situation as "complex."
The corporation was working to timely establish the facts and "to ensure that these matters are handled fairly and with care," Davie added.
(With UNI inputs)
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

