Former Pak PM Imran Khan apologized for his comments about a female judge
Islamabad/IBNS: Pakistan's former premier, Imran Khan, reiterated his apology on Wednesday for his contentious remarks against a female judge, stating that he regrets his actions if they exceeded acceptable limits.
Just months after his ouster in April 2023, Khan in a fiery speech threatened Islamabad's top police officials and judge Zeba Chaudhry and said he would not "spare" them and file cases against them for "torturing" his party leader Shahbaz Gill, reported PTI.
Khan Wednesday issued an apology, again, in the district and sessions court in connection with the case, Geo News reported.
Khan's apology came during his appearance at the court of Judicial Magistrate Islamabad, Malik Aman, during the hearing of the case.
Khan earlier too expressed readiness to apologise for his controversial remarks.
During the hearing, the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Chairman maintained that he was apologetic when he visited the said judge's courtroom earlier.
"I went to the court of the woman judge and said that if my statement offended anyone, I apologise," Khan told Judge Aman.
Over a month after making the threats, the PTI chairman went to the judge's courtroom to offer an apology. But the police closed the room of the female judge and told him that she was on leave.
At the district and sessions court in the federal capital on Wednesday, Khan spoke about seeking legal action in a passionate speech and expressed regret over his statement. "I apologise if I crossed the line." The former premier maintained he hasn't broken a single pot to date.
"I formed a political party for the supremacy of justice 27 years ago, I have not broken a single pot to date," Khan said.
A case had been registered against the former prime minister under the Anti-Terrorism Act for threatening Chaudhry and senior police officers of the Islamabad police.
The IHC had then started contempt of court proceedings against the former prime minister.
Later on, the high court removed the terror charges and also pardoned the PTI chief after he had tendered an apology in the contempt case.
But a similar case had been filed against the PTI chief - after the registration of the FIR against him - and is still pending before the sessions court.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

