New Zealand: Auckland shooting victims are two men aged in 40s
Wellington: The victims of a deadly shooting in New Zealand's Auckland on Thursday were two men aged in their 40s, New Zealand Police confirmed on Friday.
The two victims worked at the construction site, which was the shooting scene, alongside the deceased offender, 24-year-old Matu Tangi Matua Reid, who also worked there, said Relieving Auckland District Commander, Acting Superintendent Sunny Patel.
It remained unknown if the gunman, who had been on home detention on family violence charges, was shot by police or took his own life as the investigation proceeds, according to the police.
A scene examination will continue at the site of Thursday's tragic incident in the largest city of New Zealand, Patel said, adding CBD residents and workers can expect to see a continued police presence in the area as this work is undertaken.
Post mortems are expected to be completed in the coming days, he said.
Thursday's deadly shooting occurred hours before the FIFA Women's World Cup opening match, leaving three people, including the gunman, dead and six others injured, including a police officer.
Patel said the wounded police officer remains in hospital in a stable condition.
Three other people injured in the incident remain in hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, and two
people have been discharged from the hospital, he said.
The assessment from officials is that there is no national security risk and there is no change to New Zealand's security threat level, New Zealand Prime Minister Chris Hipkins told the media, ruling out a terrorist attack.
(With UNI inputs)
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

